Assistant General Manager
Join us at our new location in Las Vegas!
Since 2013, Crossroads Kitchen has grown in recognition as an upscale eatery providing our local West Hollywood and LA community with refined vegan dishes, paired with the best wines & cocktails. Now, we are heading to Las Vegas!
Our fine dining décor and ambiance welcomes guests to have the best experience, in the first plant-based restaurant in town to have a full bar with an inspired cocktail program. There are no obvious vegan cues and most guests don't even make the connection that the menus is plant-based - they just know that our restaurant is inviting and the food is wonderfully delicious.
Crossroads is an intersection where vegans, flexitarian's, omnivores and meat eaters can cross paths to share a delicious meal and a good time. We believe great food should be enjoyed by everyone! If you share the same enthusiasm, we’d love to have you join our growing team!
What We Offer:
- Pay is negotiable based on your experience.
- We offer employee discounts and great training to develop culinary foods, wine and cocktail knowledge.
- Timely and regular attendance, without drug/alcohol impairment
- Serves as the primary front-of-the-house manager of the restaurant in the absence of the General Manager, helping to coordinate the activities of Hosts, Servers, Bartenders, and other dining room employees in successfully meeting all of their functions and in providing customers with an exceptional dining experience, and assists with managing schedules (on-duty/off-duty) to assist in consistent attendance that meets staffing needs, while promoting profitably by taking staff off-duty when not needed.
- Ability to assist in the successful training, development, and motivation of front-of-the-house staff in meeting and exceeding expectations for their respective roles. Ensure that all front-of-the house employees are carrying out their functions in accordance with all legal standards and regulations.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, while still providing direction and guidance in completing required tasks as may be reasonable or necessary to address immediate needs. Upon any significant adverse employee or customer situation, immediately contact the on-duty management team member, and the General Manager, to address any follow-on personnel or other remedial action.
- Understand supervised employee positions well enough to perform the duties in an employee's absence and/or to assign and direct another employee in fulfilling such tasks on an interim basis.
- At all times demonstrate honesty, integrity, and positive leadership, in all aspects of performed duties and actions that might affect the restaurant, including the views of the restaurant and its operations by other employees, customers, or external parties.
- Interact with guests, on occasion, to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels.
- Attend and positively and productively participate in all management team and monthly staff meetings.
- Open and/or close the restaurant, including the supervision and management of any closing duties.
- May be required to attend/supervise off-site catering events. Actively participates and assists in inventory assessment and management, in cooperation with Operations and Events Manager, and other restaurant staff.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years’ experience in assistant management
- Bachelor’s degree, business administration preferred
- Strong organizational and leadership
- Great personality and people skills to provide a positive, memorable experience for guests.
- Maintain Food Handler's Certification.
- Knowledge and practice of workplace safety safety procedures.
- Ability to walk and stand during entire shift; continuously reach, bend, lift, carry; be able to lift up to 25 lbs as needed.
Crossroads Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.